Contact picture brings up stock contact page?

Moderators: dwp, devin

dvhttn

Contact picture brings up stock contact page?

Post by dvhttn »

Hi,

New(ish) user and first post ..... I use the free version of DW contacts and have a query to which the answer may be that I just haven't found the correct menu item ... but I have looked!

I'm on an HTC Desire HD running IceColdSandwich 8.6.1 (ICS) - see ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1450962 ....

I start in the 'Contacts' tab and have chosen to display the contact picture on the right. When I 'touch' the picture it brings up what looks like the stock dialler/contacts details rather than the DW version. Have I missed something here? All the menu items I've found that seem relevant I've ticked to 'View contact details' (such as Settings > Global Settings > Click List entry actions .... etc).

Thanks in advance.

Dave
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Contact picture brings up stock contact page?

Post by dwp »

Hello
When you click on the avatar in the List view. It always contacts quickly contact card.
You need to click on the seat of the contact name.
dvhttn

Post by dvhttn »

dwp wrote: ... When you click on the avatar in the List view. It always contacts quickly contact card.
You need to click on the seat of the contact name.
Thanks you. I realise that clicking the 'name' will bring up the main contact details (that is , IF I set that in the settings). But why should the 'Quick contact badge' bring up the 'stock' app? Why hasn't DW got it's own 'Quick contact badge'? That would make it much neater if nothing else. For example, I use a dark theme with DW but the stock badge comes up with a light theme which doesn't look right.

Can you not either have a) a DW 'quick contact badge' or b) have the option in the settings to change what happens when you touch the picture?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Dave
Carpe diem .....
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello Dave
May be added in the future, the because DWC main task is to make up for the deficiencies of the system. Therefore, prior to the completion of these tasks, we do not duplicate the functions of development.
Thank you for the suggestion.