I replaced stock phone with DW Contacts & Phone but

Moderators: dwp, devin

saint_satin_stain

I replaced stock phone with DW Contacts & Phone but

Post by saint_satin_stain »

then I deleted the stock phone app. I have a myTouch Q (Lg C800) and would like to know if there is a source to download the stock phone app. I recently learned from the developer here that only stock phone can call 911.
dwp
Site Admin

Re: I replaced stock phone with DW Contacts & Phone but

Post by dwp »

Hello
You can try to brush again.
space3

Post by space3 »

Backup your phone and reset to factory.
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi,

Not sure what DWP means by brush again, but, even if it's a last resort, you should be able to Restore your phone back to "Like New" by doing a Factory Reset. That will reload all the standard app's and delete all the installed apps and all your contacts, etc. SD card and SIM data should not be affected. (But Back Up anyway!)

So, make sure you back up your Contact List and any data you want to keep, first! Using Google Contacts is a good way to back up your Contacts... But beware, if you have multiple Organisations saved with any contacts, you'll lose all but one of those (organisations). Google doesn't save more than one Organisation per contact. Don't ask me why...!

And, make a list of all the Installed Apps you want to "keep" (install again later).

To do a Factory Reset, go to Menu > Settings > Privacy (of all places!), and do a Factory (Data) Reset. It takes a few minutes.

Cheers,
A
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
saint_satin_stain

Post by saint_satin_stain »

Thanks for the advice. My problem was solved by a grateful relative who I helped with her Windows 7 machine. She gave me a new phone. May I say which one?