transferring contacts to a new phone

Moderators: dwp, devin

DangerBoy

transferring contacts to a new phone

Post by DangerBoy »

I am using DW Contacts free 2.I.0.4 on my SG2 running Android 4.0.3 ICS. I have now acquired a SG3 and want to transfer all my contacts from the old phone to the new phone. I have already installed DW Contacts free on that device.

How do I do that?

I've looked everywhere for information on backing up or exporting contacts with this program but I cannot find much on it.

The contacts on my phone are more up-to-date than on my Google Contacts. The last time i tried syncing my contacts, the good data on my phone contact list was overwritten by the old data on my google contacts list. I thought the system would see that the info on my phone was newer or at least ask me which way I wanted the info to go but it didn't. In the end I had to go back into DW Contacts and fix all the problems created by the newer data on the phone being overwritten by older data in my google account.

From where I'm sitting right now it seems that there is no contact back up or export facility on this program. In disbelief I ask, can this be so? Could such a highly rated and popular contacts management app NOT have something so basic and essential as a contacts backup/export facility? That would be ridiculous and absurd if it were true and I'm hoping that I'm just not seeing something that I should be seeing.

Please help...
dwp
Site Admin

Re: transferring contacts to a new phone

Post by dwp »

Hello
DWC does not contain the export and import contacts feature.
However, this feature is included in the stock contacts software.
The open stock Contact software. Press the menu button. Then you can find export contacts as a VCF file to the SD card.