display of phone number format; contact creation and edit

Moderators: dwp, devin

digre

display of phone number format; contact creation and edit

Post by digre »

Hi,
I use DWC and have the following problem. When I create a new contact I am used to format it the following way for better readability: "nationalcode-localcode-phonenumber" for example: +39-333-5555555.
I can create the contact with this format, but when I display the contact with DWC, the"-" signs disappear and the number is displayed as "+393335555555" which is much more unreadable. Is there a way to keep the "-" signs to be displayed when I open a contact?
Also, when I create a contact from DWC or when I want to edit a contact, shouldn't the system ask me in both cases if I want to do this using the stock Contacts app or if I want to use DWC? For displaying a contact I am asked by the system which app I want to use, but for creation and editing it does not ask, it goes straight to the stock app...
Thanks,
digre
dwp
Site Admin

Re: display of phone number format; contact creation and edi

Post by dwp »

Hello
The second point because DWC did not provide contact editor. You select one as the default when you create a contact.
The first point, the problem has been fixed in the development version. You can try it.
http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
digre

Post by digre »

OK, thanks for the reply. I understood the first point and appreciate very much prompt action on the second.
Please forgive me, but I want to give a constructive hint: your app is really loaded of setting options which is actually very good because it allows for best personalisation, but I personally am a bit getting lost in all those menu options... I bought your app very recently and am not sure about how you treat upgrades which include new funcionality, but at this complexity level it would be very helpful to clearly state which settings have been added each time with a precise list of the menu options added and their precise location within the menu structure in order for the user to have a straight look at the new menu options and configure them according to specific needs. Again compliments for the app in general, very good!
Regards,
digre
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Thank you, I will add the settings on the recent changes page.