group "my contacts" repeated

Moderators: dwp, devin

digre

group "my contacts" repeated

Post by digre »

Hi there,
I imported all my contactcts to the Android via Excel Contacts (assigning all the contacts to the gmail account). When I go into the details of editing the contact (say with Contact Editor Pro) I see that a certain contact is assigned to the group I assigned it to (e.g. friends or work, or hotels or whatever it is) and also to a group called "my contacts"; ...why this? If I duplicate the contact and may be just put a new name (Martin instead of Erik), I noticed that when I want to edit the contact, say with Contact Editor Pro, this contact is assigned to the group I assigned it to (e.g. family) and TWO TIMES to "my contacts. ...why this?!?!? I have to keep master file on Android and sync this one-way to a Mac, an iPad, a WinMobile and a Blackberry. ...Mngmt of contacts on Android is so paranoic to me!
Thanks and regards,
Stefano
dwp
Site Admin

Re: group "my contacts" repeated

Post by dwp »

Hello
"my contacts" is an automatic group. The default setting is only included in the "my contacts" in contacts are displayed in the contacts list. So even if you use the phone to create a new contact is automatically added to this group. This is the behavior of the system.