Sync Problem with Gmail Contacts

Moderators: dwp, devin

Philip DL

Sync Problem with Gmail Contacts

Post by Philip DL »

Hi Everybody!

Please help, I have over 2000 contacts, I want to sync them all into my android phone DWP-Contacts app. The most recent contacts don't want to sync, did I use too many contacts? Is there a limit?

Also for some contacts in the Gmail, I customized, the field names, could this be the reason? PLEASE people from DWP tell me if this could be the problem, then i can start working with another method. What i did, was like changing the name "pager" into "Sodexo" (I included my customer's Sodexo number there, handy I thought)

Please help.
Thank you all!
Grtz
devin

Re: Sync Problem with Gmail Contacts

Post by devin »

Hello
Do you mean to edit contacts in Gmail. Changes are not synchronized to the phone?
Philip DL

Post by Philip DL »

Yes Devin,

I mainly do the editting in Gmail (browser) on the computer. Encode new contacts etc on computer with high detail (adress etc). It is a lot easier on the computer.
Normally it should sync correctly to the DWP app on my Galaxy S2 phone.

Any ideas how come?
Tnx
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Maybe synchronizer or data structure errors in the phone database. Try the "All Contacts" group to find the newly created contact. If not found, indicating that synchronization errors. You can try to delete google account from the phone and then re-add it to let it sync again.