Filter contacts to make app faster

Moderators: dwp, devin

mass

Filter contacts to make app faster

Post by mass »

Hi,

I have a lot of contacts (460 on account A, and 100 on account B). Ok this is not that much, but my device (ZTE Blade) is so slow when searching for an account. Typing a search name in the Search tool of DW contacts takes up to 20 seconds to show the 1 or 2 results. Why does it take so long to parse 500 items on a 600MHz machine?

So I would like to reduce the contacts used by the phone without reducing my google contacts. I selected Settings->GlobalSettings->ContactFilter, there I selected only the group "Android". So on Google I would put all contacts I need on the phone to this group.
But there are still all contact available anyway. In the contact tool of DW I still can choose any group, while the search tool can still find contacts not member of "Android".
So what can I do?
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, MIUI xiaomi.eu 12.5.12, Android 11
devin

Re: Filter contacts to make app faster

Post by devin »

Hello, Please try use the Contacts tab to search. And deselect search all fields in the search settings.
http://wiki.dw-p.net/DWC:How_to_use_the_search
mass

Post by mass »

Thanks. I didn't see this feature before. Now I have set:
[ ] Search all fields
[ ] Search all contacts
[ ] Search in global list

What is the difference between the search on the "Contacts" tool and the tool "Search"?

What does the account filter for specific groups do if I can select these specific groups in the "Contacts" tool anyway?
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, MIUI xiaomi.eu 12.5.12, Android 11
devin

Post by devin »

mass wrote: What is the difference between the search on the "Contacts" tool and the tool "Search"?
"Search":Always search for all contacts.
mass wrote: What does the account filter for specific groups do if I can select these specific groups in the "Contacts" tool anyway?
In the Global Settings contains the account options. You can choose to display it in the account.