Backup conctacts and sms

Moderators: dwp, devin

jpg

Backup conctacts and sms

Post by jpg »

Hi

DW seems to be great for me but I have 4 questions to be sure that I can secure my data easily (without Google systems).

1. Can I backup all the contacts and the groups in a .vcf file with DW app?
2. Can I send this file by email directly from DW app?
3. Can I import contacts and groups from a .vcf file from DW app?
4. Can I backup/restore SMS from/to DW app or do I need another app?

Thank you for your help
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Backup conctacts and sms

Post by dwp »

Hello
Can now be generated by DWC vcf file and then sent through the mail.
But does not support the group, DWC using the system API.
Backup feature now.
Thanks for your advice, I will improve it in the future.
snoopy

Post by snoopy »

Hi guys,

to backup contacts including GROUP info is really important function for me too.
I don´t want to do it by Google :) And I do not understand, why it is not standard to save the group name in .vcf file?
To save the contacts without group info, is only half task :( I have more then 200 contacts, and recovery without group information is unusable for me :(

I searched internet and there is no program with that feature :( Everybody says "Google" :/ why? Cloud is one thing, security and privacy is the second one!

So, it is really so difficult to save group name in .vcf and than, when you need to load data from backup, look all .vcf only for group names first, create groups and then start too import contacts to prepared groups?

Thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
In the new version of the DWC has supported export contacts to VCF contains grouping information. Need to use the "DWC" import contacts, in order to restore the information.