History & Frequents shortcuts on the Home Screen.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

History & Frequents shortcuts on the Home Screen.

Post by pollensa1946 »

Both the History & Frequents displays can be made shortcuts on the Home Screen. I have done this and use them frequently. One little annoying feature is that while the History content can be cleared from within that display, for the Frequents you have to exit the display, go into the full app, select either the Favourites or Frequents Group and then clear the content. Rather than long press the Frequents Group to clear content, could we have an option within the display same as History? Then both shortcuts operate the same. Consistency rules.
devin

Re: History & Frequents shortcuts on the Home Screen.

Post by devin »

Hello
I'm sorry I did not understand?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Using "Toolbox/Create shortcut to Home" I have placed icons for "History" and "Frequents" on the Home screen. I use these a lot.

If I invoke History from the Home screen I can delete the History Log from within the History display... Options/Delete the shown call log.

If I invoke Frequents from the Home screen there is no option to delete the shown Frequents log. I have to drop out of that display, go to the full DWP app, select either of the Favourites display or the Frequents group and then delete the log. Presently the delete log option in Frequents is by long press of the Group. For consistency it makes sense to change it to an option within the Frequents display. Then the delete action would be the same in both the Home screen shortcuts.
devin

Post by devin »

You mean clear favorite contacts?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

No. I mean clear the Frequents log when the Frequents display is invoked from the Home Screen shortcut. Which currently is not possible. It is only possible from within the full app. So if you are using the Home Screen shortcut it is frustrating to have to exit and go to the full app to clear Frequents log. The Frequents log should be cleared from within the Frequents display, as is the case with the History display.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
I'm sorry I did not understand what is "Frequents log".
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Frequents Log = the information that is displayed when you open the Frequently Contacted Group.
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you, I understand.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Thanks for adding this ability to the Frequents display.
devin

Post by devin »

You are welcome