calls history: show phone numbers exactly like dialled

Moderators: dwp, devin

GfE

calls history: show phone numbers exactly like dialled

Post by GfE »

I'm occasionally using a prefix, e. g. #31#0123456789. Currently however, such calls appear in the calls history log without the prefix, i. e. 0123456789.

This can be misleading, as it suggests I forgot to add the CLIR prefix to that particular call, and the recipient thereby has learned my phone number.
And it may be dangerous in privacy terms, since trying to "repeat" a call by tapping it in a contact's history does not actually dial the same number sequence again but drops the important CLIR prefix.

Both reasons require me to be more cautious with DW than I'd rather need to be.

Therefore, please:
Add an option to the settings that allows to log and reuse phone number sequences exactly the way they were dialled, that is including prefix, suffix, pauses etc.
Thank you!
Last edited by GfE on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devin

Re: calls history: show phone numbers exactly like dialed

Post by devin »

Hello
Currently, DW using the call record "created by the system."
It does not save this information, thank you for your advice, I'll try to support. thank you for your suggestion.
devin

Re: calls history: show phone numbers exactly like dialled

Post by devin »

Hello
I have uploaded a new file to http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
If possible, please try if it works?
Note that the beta version will not overwrite the original DWC contacts. You need to start it from another icon in the All Programs list.
Thank you!
GfE

Post by GfE »

Wow, that's great! Thank you, devin! And fast!

It's realky sad that I cannot help you with testing at the moment, since my install button is mysteriously broken. I have enabled 3rd party app installs, so that's not the catch. But apk installer's "install" button has become inactive a couple of days ago. Unlike the "cancel" button nearby, it simply does not take any input. Installing stuff through google play still works as expected.

I will give your improved app a try as soon as I get this solved. I hope the delay won't seriously affect further development of DW Contacts & Phone.

Thank you so much again.
GfE

Post by GfE »

I've managed to get apk installer working again. CF lumen turned out to be the culprit, temporarily freezing it helped.

So, I have quickly tested CW 2.9.7.0-beta-2015-11-17 as posted above. * Yay! * Displaying and redialling numbers in/from history now works exactly as suggested! Devin, you're my favorite app dev of the year. Thank you so much.
Grass

Post by Grass »

Hello, devin.
Thank You very much for the software and excellent support.

The uploaded file will support saving in History tab in addition to dialed main number also extension number or IVR(Interactive Voice Response) systems navigation ?

For example: Main number 0764534567 P(ause)P(ause)2 . In this case - "2" is number of extension.
and another case main number 0764534567 P(ause)P(ause)2P(ause)P(ause)3 - "2" and "3" are the options from PBX(Private Branch Exchange) IVR menu

Now at History Tab I can see main dialed number "0764534567" only without extension or IVR numbers, instead of "0764534567,,2". :(

Thanks again.
Best regards
devin

Post by devin »

Hello GfE
Thank you for counseling and testing.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello Grass
This function can only work in pre-entered. If you're after the call is connected, through the "dial pad" to enter the number will not be recorded.
GfE

Post by GfE »

Hi devin,

is there any further help needed to make this patch available in regular DW Contacts Pro?

Thanks again. Hope you're having a great time!

GfE
devin

Post by devin »

The new version will be released soon.
Thanks
GfE

regression - Re: calls history: show phone numbers exactly like dialled

Post by GfE »

Hi devin,

I hope you and your family are up and well!

I'm an happy long time user of your very smart and powerful app. Thanks a lot for creating and maintaining it!

However, as this issue was resolved long ago and I did't have much need for prefixes in a while, I am a bit shocked right now that I do, because the history entry of a call to a prefixed phone number is again missing the prefix.

And like at the time of my original post, touching that history entry starts a call without the important prefix! Apparently, DWP behaves just as it did back in 2015, before you fixed this.

Is there anything I can do in order to include phone number prefixes in call history again?

Many thanks for your time and efforts!
GfE
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Sorry for the delay.
I just tested that it works fine on my device. Is the fault still in your equipment now?