No favorites after restore

Moderators: dwp, devin

lvniceguy

No favorites after restore

Post by lvniceguy »

I've been using DW-P for years - the only dialer and contact manager!

I just reset my phone and restored from backups and have an odd bug I've never seen... while I have all my contacts (from Google) I have no favorites. None.

I have several contacts that show "starred in Android" - but Favorites continues to be empty. I've tried creating new contacts and starring them - same. I've tried clearing cache. I've tried clearing and re-applying stars.

Any ideas? This happens to be a T-Mobile based Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running Oreo.
devin

Re: No favorites after restore

Post by devin »

Hello there
Try modifying the contact filter. If the contacts are not set to display, they will not be displayed in the favorites.
lvniceguy

Post by lvniceguy »

They show in my contact list at the top in the "Starred" group. But the Favorites tab is totally blank - I have the "show must contacted..." checked and still nothing shown.
luca porto

Post by luca porto »

The same for me.
soioesfajil489

Post by soioesfajil489 »

here the same

I have marked some contacts. But they are not showen at favorites.
I tried to mark some other contacts, not google contacts/not in a group. And they are then in favorites.
What is the issue?

The Samsung standard App show the marked favorites correctly. But nothing in DW App.

I have a S9, with GoogleContacts.
Regards
devin

Post by devin »

Ok, I will modify the star contact to always show it even if it is not set to display in the group.