Adding new contact

Moderators: dwp, devin

Grass

Adding new contact

Post by Grass »

Hello!
I face a problem with new added contacts. In case the new contact has no first and family name, but has the company name only, those contacts are added to the end of the contacts list.
There is no such problem with stock contacts application. In stock application those(new added contact witth company name only) are sorted and shown correctly.
Best regards!
pollensa1946

Re: Adding new contact

Post by pollensa1946 »

A simple work-around is to put the company name in the first-name field.
Grass

Post by Grass »

pollensa1946 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:52 am ...is to put the company name in the first-name field.
It`s really simple, but for perfectionist like me :) ,it is unacceptable.
Thank You, pollensa1946, for trying to help!
I hope developers team will find the solution and will manage to fix this bug in near future.
Best regards!
Grass

Post by Grass »

Up :idea:
Grass

Post by Grass »

Up and Up!
Any help? Any hint? Any advice?
In stock Contacts app the sorting is correct!
Developers?! Hallo?!
Am I only one who faced this problem?

Up again!!!! :cry:
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
If you use the default sorting method, it should work fine.
Grass

Post by Grass »

Grass wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:57 am Hello!
I face a problem with new added contacts. In case the new contact has no first and family name, but has the company name only, those contacts are added to the end of the contacts list.
There is no such problem with stock contacts application. In stock application those(new added contact witth company name only) are sorted and shown correctly.
Thanks for Your reply. And one more problem is to find those contacts by Quick-jump. Please' review the attachments:
1. As You can see at the Screenshot01, one of my contacts is Comp Master(it is the Organization name, all other name fields are empty). If I am tapping at Quick-Jump "C" letter- I can`t see this contact. It must be between "Clal Bituah" and "CSB" contacts(those contacts also have only Organization name)-Screenshot02.
2. But (review Screenshot02) if I am trying to search Comp Master from search field - I can find it. But DW displays Comp Master after contacts Phoenix and Y-Computer and this is wrong alphabet order : it have to be C(omp Master), then P(hoenix) and Y(-Computer) C-P-Y' not P-Y-C.
3. And one more remark: at the Screenshot03 You can see Quick-Jump window "C" letter included.
Do You have any hint how to fix this problem? As I already wrote - the stock Contacts application sort all contacts in right order.
Attachments
Screenshot03.jpg
Screenshot03.jpg (55.44 KiB) Viewed 11134 times
Screenshot02.jpg
Screenshot02.jpg (61.66 KiB) Viewed 11134 times
Screenshot01.jpg
Screenshot01.jpg (50.65 KiB) Viewed 11134 times
devin

Post by devin »

Do you try: Menu - Sort order - Default / Default - alternate
Grass

Post by Grass »

devin wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:25 am Do you try: Menu - Sort order - Default / Default - alternate
Yes, of course. But without success :roll:

Regards
devin

Post by devin »

Do you use account filtering or Not default ”Display contacts by“? I found that using them can cause malfunctions.
If we want to avoid this problem, we need to add a contact database request.
Grass

Post by Grass »

Hell, devin.
Thanks a lot for Your promt reply!
Yes, I am using account filtering.
I have 7 google accounts. 1 Viber account,1 Telegramm account and 1 WhatsApp account. According to my settings at Cusomized list DW showing contacts belonging to only one Google acount. All other checkboxes in all other accounts are not checked.
I can to attach screenshots if You need it.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Grass on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grass

Post by Grass »

devin wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:31 am Do you use account filtering or Not default ”Display contacts by“? I found that using them can cause malfunctions...
Hi, even without any filtering and with default sort order annoying problem still persists :cry: I am very disappointed...
devin wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:31 am ...If we want to avoid this problem, we need to add a contact database request.
Please-please, try to solve it.
P.S. I reported this problem exactly one year ago. Unfortunately, nothing has been done since so far :cry:
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
If you are not using account filtering and use Default-alternate it should work fine. There is only one solution available, but it will cause one more data request, which will affect the loading speed of the list.
Grass

Post by Grass »

devin wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:45 am Hello
If you are not using account filtering and use Default-alternate it should work fine. There is only one solution available....
Hello devin!
Canceling all account filtering does not change anything :oops: But during playing with Account data filtering I face DW strange behavior: if I am setting Contacts to display=>Account data=> WhatsApp and Check -All contacts, then all contacts are sorted in right order! Same in case of Account data - Viber. But if in Account data I select my Google account- the contact order messed. Stil the stock Contacts application sorts fine in any case :roll: .
May be it can give any clue for solution?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200910-130414__01.jpg
Screenshot_20200910-130414__01.jpg (171.89 KiB) Viewed 10900 times
devin

Post by devin »

Hello there
There are two ways to filter contacts for dw contacts.
You can select all accounts in the Acount data option. Then use the Customized list to filter the contacts. Its behavior should be the same as the system.