Cannot respond anymore to incoming call?

Moderators: dwp, devin

francesco.doenz

Cannot respond anymore to incoming call?

Post by francesco.doenz »

Hello,
I am a happy longtime user of this app, but since a few days I am unable to respond to incoming calls, I did not change knowingly anything... When the phone starts ringing nothing shows up on the phone screen? I have to wait that the caller hangs up and then I call him back! The default phone application works normally!
Many thanks in advance for your inputs!
devin

Re: Cannot respond anymore to incoming call?

Post by devin »

Hello
Is the bug fixed?
catofcheshir

Post by catofcheshir »

Hello. Same thing here. Pixel 6a, updated to andriod14. I think something went wrong with notifications.
DW version is 3.3.1.2 Pro, downloaded from this forum (i'm from Russia).

By the way, DW is the best phone app i ever seen :-)
Attachments
Screenshot_20231014-165757.png
Screenshot_20231014-165757.png (174.28 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
Screenshot_20231017-112636.png
Screenshot_20231017-112636.png (157.4 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
can't tune any notifications settings
can't tune any notifications settings
Screenshot_20231017-112545.png (164.27 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
devin

Post by devin »

Please try:
Find DW Contacts in the application manager and open the notification options. Enable incoming call notifications and its Pop on screen option. If the Allow full screen notifications option is included at the bottom of the notification list, it also needs to be turned on.

If the options cannot be modified, you may need to unset DW Contact as the default phone program first.
Stasa

Post by Stasa »

Greetings to all 😊
I unfortunately have the same problem...
I've done all that you recommended but the problem isn't fixed...

I have 3.3.2.5 (paid) version updated 6/11/23 (play store) and the problem appeared yesterday, didn't have any issues before and I use the app many years
Last edited by Stasa on Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi,
Don't know if it might be the same issue I have since updating to 3.2.2.5 (Pro).

My phone has two SIM-Cards and the 1st SIM-Card (default SIM-Card) is "Multi-Device".
If I now receive a call on SIM 1 I can hear the ringtone on both devices that respond to the number on SIM 1 (2nd device is a tablet), however I cannot pick up the call on the phone (no pop-up screen and even if the screen is already on, there is no notification of the call visible, just the ring tone. Switching to DW-App does not help, it rings but no posibility to pick-up the call).
As soon as I put the second device to flight mode all works perfect again on device 1.

If your setup is different, sorry. Anyway I have a big issue here.
Cheers,
Andy
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

In addition to my earlier post:
If on both devices (using the same phone-number) "Default SIM-Card" is set to "System Default":
- Incomming call message appears on both devices (phone and tablet)
- call can NOT be picked up on phone if screen is off (locked) but can be picked up if device is unlocked
- call can NOT be picked up on tablet if screen is off (locked) but can be picked up if device is unlocked
devin

Post by devin »

Can you see incoming call notifications in the status bar? Would it be helpful to manually launch DW Contacts at this point?
If the fault occurs frequently, you can follow these instructions to use the call UI provided by the system first.
https://blog.dw-p.net/2023/11/23/about- ... ing-calls/
nikolop

Post by nikolop »

I'm here just to verify ths6oroblwm6. Business version 3.3.2.5 on xiaomi Redmi 9.

Obviously this is not a device problem. It is a software problem of the new version.

Floating notifications for incoming calls partially solves the problem but it needs to get fixed.

I'm looking forward to a solution.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi Devin,
To your question, no, I cannot see any call notification in the status bar, and all notification options for DW are ON.
I was missled concerning the "Multi Device"-SIM 1. even if the second device is switched completely off, the behaviour remains the same, had to use the google phone app as the default phone app, just as in the articel you posted the link to.
I can use my phone like that, however if the issue would be solved on DW it would be great, it's just by far the best app I have on the phone and it worked perfectly on exactely this device (OPPO Find X3 Pro) for almost two years.
Thanks,
Andy
adelineana

Post by adelineana »

If you're unable to respond to incoming calls, try checking app settings for call permissions. If the issue persists, consider reinstalling the app or contacting support for further assistance.
devin

Post by devin »

Please try last ver 3.3.3.4
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Can confirm, that by using 3.3.3.4 as the default telefon app I can now pickup calls no matter on which device using a multi-SIM solution (same telefon-# on two devices) and one of the devices is using Dual-SIM. Both devices on Android 14.
Thanks