[No Bug:update birdiesync] no groups displayed after update

Moderators: dwp, devin

peejay

[No Bug:update birdiesync] no groups displayed after update

Post by peejay »

hi!
since my old pdas running on windows mobile, I use BirdieSync for synchronisation - so I my gmail contact book is empty [it's not a bug, and it's not the problem i'm writing about :)]
after updating DW Contact Group Manager to version 2.0.0 all my contact groups vanished. groups are still there - group specific ringtones works fine, synchronisation is without problems etc., but when i want to change anything in "groups" tab - it seems empty.
i've checked all settings - all accounts are turned on, group display is not filtered in any way. do you know could be the cause of it?
contacts synchronised by BirdieSync are associated with "BirdieSync" accond in phone [I think this account acts like "internal" memory, not connected with any email or any of google services]
regards,
pjy
camel

Re: DW Contact Group Manager: no groups displayed after upda

Post by camel »

peejay wrote:hi!
since my old pdas running on windows mobile, I use BirdieSync for synchronisation - so I my gmail contact book is empty [it's not a bug, and it's not the problem i'm writing about :)]
after updating DW Contact Group Manager to version 2.0.0 all my contact groups vanished. groups are still there - group specific ringtones works fine, synchronisation is without problems etc., but when i want to change anything in "groups" tab - it seems empty.
i've checked all settings - all accounts are turned on, group display is not filtered in any way. do you know could be the cause of it?
contacts synchronised by BirdieSync are associated with "BirdieSync" accond in phone [I think this account acts like "internal" memory, not connected with any email or any of google services]
only to be sure we must clearify ... we are talking about contacts, which are only in 1 google account ?
and also on google portal, there also all contacts are having the correct wanted groups ?
further ... your displayed groups are having contacts inside ? (see after the group name, you must see the numbers how much contacts are inside this group)
additionally, a contact can be in multiple groups.
please answer my questions, then i can better help you ...

cu camel
peejay

Post by peejay »

camel wrote:only to be sure we must clearify ... we are talking about contacts, which are only in 1 google account ?
and also on google portal, there also all contacts are having the correct wanted groups ?
further ... your displayed groups are having contacts inside ? (see after the group name, you must see the numbers how much contacts are inside this group)
additionally, a contact can be in multiple groups.
please answer my questions, then i can better help you ...

cu camel
hello!

please excuse my delayed answer - i was offline during weekend. the problem is solved right now, since few days, but i'll be happy to answer :)

before you've accepted my post, and send your own - there was another update of DW Contact Group Manager and also BirdieSync - and after all, everything is working fine now, but maybe it was something important, that caused my error - so i'll try to answer to your questions, to help improving DW Contact Group Manager in the future :) so, here we go:
it were the contacts on "BirdieSync" account. because of using birdiesync, i have my google account's contacts turned off, and almost empty, without any additional groups. i set them to hide from all contact books etc. birdiesync's contacts and groups were treated quite normal in all software - also in DW Contact Group Manager before 2.0.0 - so i saw them on the list, i could edit them etc. they didn't show on google portal, because it was kind of direct "thunderbird to android" synchronization via usb or wifi. when i've updated to DW Contact Group Manager - suddenly, the groups list vanished. i mean - groups are still there and working, contacts are fine, birdiesynchronization works etc., but when switching to "groups" tab in DW C.G.M. - it was empty, so i couldn't change any group name, ringtone and so on. now, with newer BirdieSync, and newer DW Contact Group Manager everything is ok - i can see group names and edit them, i can change ringtones and do all the things i want :) so the problem solved itself, probably it was caused by something unrelated directly with the groups [after update i checked list of changes, but didn't see anything that could fit to my issue].
oh, one more thing - no contacts were in more than one group, and yes, all the groups had contacts.

like i said, it works fine now - but i will be checking it after another updates, if this error comes back, i'll send another post.
regards,
pjy
camel

Post by camel »

peejay wrote:before you've accepted my post, and send your own - there was another update of DW Contact Group Manager and also BirdieSync - and after all, everything is working fine now
happy, to hear that ...
peejay wrote: oh, one more thing - no contacts were in more than one group, and yes, all the groups had contacts.
like i said, it works fine now - but i will be checking it after another updates, if this error comes back, i'll send another post.
i tried also again: 1 contact can have multiple groups - and it is working fine.
also, what i have see, there are also other apps, which can handle groups a littel bit, but for now, i haven't found any application which can ahndle groups so comfortable or also support EAS account, without crashing the db.

i know, that on older versions (1.x) there are some bugs, BUT - since 2.x -> all fixed, and now, there are no knowing open issues, and we are implementing new features, which makes *DW Contact & Phone* more powerfull for every user ...

cu camel