Selected 'Contacts' will not display

Moderators: dwp, devin

stizzed

Selected 'Contacts' will not display

Post by stizzed »

I am using HTC Thunderbolt, Android 2.2.1, DW Contacts 2.0.6.free
I have contacts from Facebook, Google, and Phone. They display properly in default contact manager as well as 'Go Contacts'.
In DW however, I cannot get it to display the contacts I select. Here is what I mean:
I select 'Contacts' icon from the bottom menu and there are no contacts displayed. If I go to menu/more/settings/account data I see the following:

Backup Assistant
pcsc
News
Facebook
SIM_DSN
Facebook for HTC Sense
Stocks
Weather
Google
HTC (Phone)

The only option which appears to work is 'pcsc' and then it shows the contacts on the PHONE. If I select any other option I still only see those available from 'pcsc' (and then ONLY if 'pcsc' is also selected). If 'pcsc' is not selected it doesn't matter what I select I get no contacts.

'Looks' like a nice app (if it works).

Any Ideas?
camel

Re: Selected 'Contacts' will not display

Post by camel »

i do not use 10 different account types,
i can only tell you, that phone, sim, google, facebook, linedin, eas is working fine for me.
maybe the other are unsupported contacts account types - don'T know abou the others.
about facebook, as told: if you use the official "facebook for android", then they are working fine.

if the other account types not using the real contacts API, which is designed for contacts on android, maybe then they are not supported.
you can take a look, i posted about, you must look if you have set your system filtering, which will be used from DWC, too.

see your stock contacts app, where you can configure it - or in DWC.
-> "Global settings"
-> "Contact display filtering"

cu camel

EDIT:
if wanted you can send me a PM and mail me your contacts2.db (which you will find - best tool for it is: "root explorer"), then i can take a look on your contacts and how they are stored.