After call behavior

Moderators: dwp, devin

VPAFan

After call behavior

Post by VPAFan »

I do a call from DW Contacts or DW Phone.
After the call it displays always the standard contacts app.
Is there a way to display DW Phone after a call ?

greetz
camel

Re: After call behavior

Post by camel »

VPAFan wrote:I do a call from DW Contacts or DW Phone.
After the call it displays always the standard contacts app.
Is there a way to display DW Phone after a call ?

greetz
after a call it is going back to tab, where you startet the call.if this is not so on your side, amybe you have set something wrong.
because you can setup, this, that it will laways start with the same ...
see settings: (i mark it BOLD,what i think, that you have set...)

-> "Tab settings" ->
-> "Activate & sort tabs" -> in "selection interface" also change text: "Visible" to "Active"
(text: "You can activate and sort, which tabs should be possible to use")
-> "Show tab bar at top" -> (ON/OFF) (off=default which means on bottom)
-> "Default tab" -> (default = "Contacts") selection dialog
-> "Always start with default tab" -> -> ON/OFF (default = off) <<<< SET TO OFF,, then try it again
-> "Disable slide-switching tabs" -> -> ON/OFF (default = off)
-> "Hide tab bar" -> On / Off / Auto (default = off)
-> (text: "Automatic, will hide the tabs after switching to another tab")
-> "Hide tab bar label" -> ON/OFF (default = off)
-> "Start Quick-Jump on tab click"
(text: "If you click on the actived tab again, then it will start Quick-Jump")

cu camel
Michina

Post by Michina »

I ´ve got similar problem. My stock application is still in use and I dont´t understand when I must do the setting :?: (for missed calls and for calling at all).

When I had missed call, I set to use DW apps as default. But when I click on the missed call icon, I will see my stock apps for missed call first (just for a second but it really annoyed me) and DW app afterwards. :(
I tried uninstall the DW app, restart phone, install DW again and still the same.
I have HTC Wildfire S, Android 2.3.3., DW apps version 2.0.7.1-pro.
Could you please help me? Thank you very much.
HTC Wildfire S, Android 2.3.3., no root
arcma

Post by arcma »

Michina wrote:...I set to use DW apps as default. But when I click on the missed call icon, I will see my stock apps for missed call first (just for a second but it really annoyed me) and DW app afterwards. :(
The same behaviour on Motorola Defy + CyanogenMod 7 (android 2.3.7).
camel

Post by camel »

Michina wrote:I ´ve got similar problem. My stock application is still in use and I dont´t understand when I must do the setting :?: (for missed calls and for calling at all).

When I had missed call, I set to use DW apps as default. But when I click on the missed call icon, I will see my stock apps for missed call first (just for a second but it really annoyed me) and DW app afterwards. :(
I tried uninstall the DW app, restart phone, install DW again and still the same.
this is normal ?
is it a problem to see for 1 second your stock dialer before DWC open it ?
this is, because it is not allowed to "RESET THE MISSED CALLS" from any other installed application.
this is only allowed for system application.system application can'Tbeinstelled - and if so, then rooted is needed.
so there is no way to reset the "MISSED CALLS", because it is not allowed by your android system.

so, here DWC (also dialer one) wearedoing a trick:
if click on missec calls, then:
1.) open stock dailer and just after ...
2.) startingclose it and go to DWC

so with this trick DWCopen the stock dailer for using for "RESET MISSED CALL" and then go to DWC :)

cu camel
Michina

Post by Michina »

camel wrote:
Michina wrote:I ´ve got similar problem. My stock application is still in use and I dont´t understand when I must do the setting :?: (for missed calls and for calling at all).

this is normal ?
is it a problem to see for 1 second your stock dialer before DWC open it ?
this is, because it is not allowed to "RESET THE MISSED CALLS" from any other installed application.
this is only allowed for system application.system application can'Tbeinstelled - and if so, then rooted is needed.
so there is no way to reset the "MISSED CALLS", because it is not allowed by your android system.

so, here DWC (also dialer one) wearedoing a trick:
if click on missec calls, then:
1.) open stock dailer and just after ...
2.) startingclose it and go to DWC

so with this trick DWCopen the stock dailer for using for "RESET MISSED CALL" and then go to DWC :)

cu camel
Thanks, Camel, for explanation. I thought that it will need root permission. It doesn´t matter, I manage to see stock dialer for a while. :-) :-) :-)
I still love DWC. 8-)
HTC Wildfire S, Android 2.3.3., no root
camel

Post by camel »

we are also not really happy, because some devices/ROM do also not support this, because a lot of different manufacturers ROM are doing the "missed call" icon resetting not as defined in real android API code.
well, for sure is, that only system apps can reset this "missed calls" icon or counter.
(to start DWC if someone clicked on "missed call icon" this is possible via handle the INTENT for it, but not to reset the counter.

so, there are some thinking from our side:
1.) maybe making a own small system app, which must be copy to /system/app (rooted device is needed)
or the bad way...
2.) trying to find all different "system app calls" to reset the counter and icon (no rooted device needed)

for now we are only trying it via point 2 ... and finding out the different ROMS, but it is not an iPhone, and there are tousands of different ROMS out there ...so it is a "never ending fight", and only trying to catch the most often sold devices, but there also could be that there are very much different android systems, and different ROM cookers...

-----
but as described in point 1, maybe we will try also to make an extra small tool for rooted devices

cu camel