Cannot open contacts "keine Systemunterstützung"

Moderators: dwp, devin

IvkovicD

Cannot open contacts "keine Systemunterstützung"

Post by IvkovicD »

Hello

I cannot chose phone numbers from contact, nor cannot open the contacts (neither with single click, nor with long press -> open contact), all action is denied with - in German: "keine Systemunterstützung!" - which is kind of "not supported by system". This is a Samsung SG2 (rooted). Either this is a bug, or somehting is blocking it. Any idea is welcome,

thank you

Dejan
camel

Re: Cannot open contacts "keine Systemunterstützung"

Post by camel »

IvkovicD wrote:Hello

I cannot chose phone numbers from contact, nor cannot open the contacts (neither with single click, nor with long press -> open contact), all action is denied with - in German: "keine Systemunterstützung!" - which is kind of "not supported by system". This is a Samsung SG2 (rooted). Either this is a bug, or somehting is blocking it. Any idea is welcome,

thank you

Dejan
i also use SGS1 +SGS2 ... there is no problem at all.

maybe you are having a wrong ROM installed.
i'm using 2.3.5 KJ2 + CriskeloRom V30-S-BAR-12/7-Tog-BLN-CallREC-Overscroll-7Locks-PWR-M-Esxt-(XWKJ2-2.3.5)

so,this is maybe a problem in your ROM, i think, there is no "stock contact viewer" on your ROM
please install a normal ROM or report to CM7 or - alsoyou can look to your alogcat - or maybe you denied it in superuser ?

(meistens ein fehler bei superuser oder ROM zu buggy)
DWC must have right to access - and normally it need no root access, but if you deny DWC, then there will be a problem.

which ROM do you use ?
or are you playing with android 4.0 ? (because android 4.0 is not 100% fully supported now, because they removed some functions in new API)

so, this is no bug -> and i will move it to questions.

cu camel
IvkovicD

Post by IvkovicD »

Hello Camel,

good idea with the "stock contact viewer". I've frozen the original one, as using DW C&P now. I was not aware, that this is a kind of wrapper for the original contact app and the original one is still being invoked by it. After "defreezing" it, it works perfectly now. BTW Did I miss the information somehow, that the original ROM tools are still required? Anyway, it works now..

Thank you

Dejan
camel

Post by camel »

if you block system API, which are related on your extra phone database, which are different on a lot of phones, it would not work.
example: if you remove: email.apk, -> then there is much more missing as only the email app. -> also there will be not any more EAS(exchange active sync). and on Phone.akp(will use the manufacturer dialing process (like sim handling) or like contacts, then it wouldn'T work.
you can try, if you remove the system applications contacts and phone, you will not have a database any more.
so, this is not a problem, that DWC do not making all itslef, this is a challenge of your manufacturer :)
cu camel
PLS: i move it to questions ...