Failed contacts search

Moderators: dwp, devin

ralvy

Failed contacts search

Post by ralvy »

I've been testing the free version of this software on my Evo Shift. When I do a Search in the Contacts tab, certain kinds of searches fail. For instance, I have a contact with this Organization:

Orthopedics, Hand

If I do a Search on "hand" it fails to find that contact. However, if I add one more letter by typing

handf

then I get a button that allows me to "Search Anything". If I press that button, then doing a Search on "hand" works. How do I get "Search Anything" to work all the time?

This software looks like it's what I'm looking for if I can get that "Search Anything" to work all the time.
ralvy

Re: Failed contacts search

Post by ralvy »

Following up on this ... I find that if I do that search from the Toolbox tab, it works fine. It just doesn't work in the Contacts tab. Now that I have my workaround, I purchased the product.
camel

Post by camel »

hi,
sorry, that i sawit so late ...

the tabs are different in detail searching....

search methods:
1.) tab "contacts" -> it search only in name fields of all contacts (it must be input correct the partfrom beginning of name)
2.) tab "search" -> it search in all contact fields of all contacts (it can be also only a partof name or also digits)
this is very mightfull: so you can search for a partof a number,or ayear of events, or also a part which is in field "notes"
3.) tab "phone" -> with t9-search options - it search in most contact fields and also in number fields (optional in organization) and therefore are very much extra t9-search options (see settings)

to setyour wanted tab visibleand sorted -please see: settings -> tab settings ->sort & hide

alos on every itmeyou can creating links to your home screen - this is valid for any items (it can be also contacts,grops,organiaztion,or whaever ...
also it is working for everytab (see toolbox -long click on item -> then select in menu "create link to home screen"

cu camel
ralvy

Post by ralvy »

Excellent. I have tried so many Contacts apps and this one looks like the perfect one for my needs.
camel

Post by camel »

fine, that it works smooth as wanted :)