updating phone numbers to exchange

Moderators: dwp, devin

dozo

updating phone numbers to exchange

Post by dozo »

Hi,

I have all my contacts on exchange.
Some without phone phone number and on which I like to add numbers.

I can add exchange contacts in the app but I don't seem to be able their phone numbers.
I also noticed that I can modify existing contacts but can't add phone numbers to them either when there are none

(Didn't try it yet with exchange contacts that do have a phone number, to scared to loose some numbers)

Thanks DoZo
camel

Re: updating phone numbers to exchange

Post by camel »

dozo wrote:Hi,

I have all my contacts on exchange.
Some without phone phone number and on which I like to add numbers.

I can add exchange contacts in the app but I don't seem to be able their phone numbers.
I also noticed that I can modify existing contacts but can't add phone numbers to them either when there are none

(Didn't try it yet with exchange contacts that do have a phone number, to scared to loose some numbers)

Thanks DoZo
hehe, i also using the EAS account. this is an limitation of the android stock contact editor.
and you will not believe me, but the android 4.x also doesn't support all fields (it is betteras on 2.3.x, but not perfect -> funny, that this is not possible out of the box - but this is google related. in my mind - it is looking like they want to boycott EAS or they forgot it...anyhow ...
there is a solution for it -> a good friend made an special editor, which support all fields.
search for "contact editor pro" on google market, it is also worth every cent (~€2)
then you will be happy again.

cu camel
dozo

Post by dozo »

Thanks.

strange people at google.
When I run gmail on my device and in particulair sync contacts everything crashes. (It's described all over the net too)
but i noticed that in standard setting the actually copied my entire exchange contact address book to gmail. Not decent.
camel

Post by camel »

dozo wrote:Thanks.

strange people at google.
When I run gmail on my device and in particulair sync contacts everything crashes. (It's described all over the net too)
but i noticed that in standard setting the actually copied my entire exchange contact address book to gmail. Not decent.
the gmail app i do not using ...
because the gmail account is also working on imap (if you activate it - is also forfree, thenyou can use the app: "k9-mail", which is 10.000 times better as gmail.
(i startet gmail only 1 time ->for disabling the notification and email syncing), then i never used it :)

if you use "contact editor pro",you will be happy...