Phone keypad doesn't show non-english letters

Moderators: dwp, devin

asbjorn

Phone keypad doesn't show non-english letters

Post by asbjorn »

Hi,

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but as it doesn't work in version 2.0.9 I assume it hasn't:

I live in Norway, where we have three special letters in our alphabet in addition to the basic 26 letters: Æ, Ø and Å. These letters are used in people's names. Thus, when I want to call a person named e.g. "Pål" who's in my contact list, I press "725" on the phone keypad to search for "Pål" ("å" is located next to "a" on traditional mobile phones). However, in DW, this gives no search results. Neither does a long keypress on "2" bring up the necessary set of letters.

Unless this is a limitation with the free version, I assume that the problem exists in a lot of languages foreign to english. Or maybe there's a solution that I haven't discovered yet (the configuration interface is quite large within this app)?

Note that the ability to search for a contact by pressing "letters" on the keypad was the primary reason for why I use DW. The flexible configuration options is another reason (I like things simple, and managed to configure DW so that it looks simple on my phone).

If required, I can send screenshots by direct message (don't want to disclose my contacts in the open).

Cheers,
Asbjørn
camel

Re: Phone keypad doesn't show non-english letters

Post by camel »

if your language is not translated on t9-search strings (alphabetics), then it will not working.
if you want to support us and yourself -> you can translatate your language
see: http://crowdin.net/project/dw-contact-group-manager
if your language is missing, then please let me know,and we will add your wanted language.
translation can be easily done on the link above (simply register there before translating)
cu camel
asbjorn

Post by asbjorn »

H

Thanks for the answer.

I tried to follow your advice and translating to Norwegian, but it seems that Norwegian is not on the list of translations missing?

If you add Norwegian to the list, I´ll do my best to translate.

Regards,
Asbjørn
camel

Post by camel »

asbjorn wrote:H

Thanks for the answer.

I tried to follow your advice and translating to Norwegian, but it seems that Norwegian is not on the list of translations missing?

Regards,
Asbjørn
thanks for your support on "Norwegian" language.
we wuill add it tomorrow and i let you know if it is inplace for translation.
thanks cu camel
camel

Post by camel »

asbjorn wrote:H

Thanks for the answer.

Regards,
Asbjørn
norwegian added to translation page.
please take a look at: http://crowdin.net/project/dw-contact-group-manager
thanks for your support