Insert calling code prefix before number

Moderators: dwp, devin

HKdave

Insert calling code prefix before number

Post by HKdave »

I live in Hong kong and do a lot of calls globally. We have a '0060' prefix and '0080' prefix before country code to dial out to use a 'discount' long distance service (there are other numbers like '1666' also). The '0060' is for calls billed to my home and '0080' are calls billed to my company so I must be able to switch between the two.

How can I 'insert' such code before making a call. My Blackberry used to have a 'edit number' type of feature that I could select the number and then manually insert the number before and it would not save the adjusted number.

One other thing, is that all my numbers come up with the country code prefix (+852 for Hong Kong for example) and being able to insert a code before the number would require removing the '+'

Thanks,

David
camel

Re: Insert calling code prefix before number

Post by camel »

HKdave wrote:I live in Hong kong and do a lot of calls globally. We have a '0060' prefix and '0080' prefix before country code to dial out to use a 'discount' long distance service (there are other numbers like '1666' also). The '0060' is for calls billed to my home and '0080' are calls billed to my company so I must be able to switch between the two.

How can I 'insert' such code before making a call. My Blackberry used to have a 'edit number' type of feature that I could select the number and then manually insert the number before and it would not save the adjusted number.

One other thing, is that all my numbers come up with the country code prefix (+852 for Hong Kong for example) and being able to insert a code before the number would require removing the '+'

Thanks,

David
hi,
we are having the option: "prefix" and "suffix" (see phone settings in settings menu)
if it is set, then you can use this - long click on a contact, then it will show you "dial with +123 4567890 (in this example: prefix +123)
the same is for suffix.
also a combination of both.
also you have on long click on the contact -> "edit number before dialing", which you can select.
of course the quick-call button can'Tm be used for it.
i suggest to add the real internal number format, then you will not need it.
because cost the same, only once you have to cleanup your contacts
cu camel
HKdave

Post by HKdave »

Perfect!
camel

Post by camel »

HKdave wrote:Perfect!
i'm happy, if you, too :=)