Contact Storage

Moderators: dwp, devin

trentvoigt

Contact Storage

Post by trentvoigt »

I got this program because I have about 7000 contacts and the default Android program took 107mg to store the contacts. So I deleted all the data and downloaded DW. Now I find out DW just uses the same database as the default "people" program. Is there any way to get the contacts on my 8gig SD card so it doesn't take all the memory from the phone?
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Contact Storage

Post by dwp »

Hello, I'm sorry there is no way.Maybe you can move the database to the SD card.And then to establish the link to point to the database file in the SD card in the original position.
camel

Re: Contact Storage

Post by camel »

trentvoigt wrote:I got this program because I have about 7000 contacts and the default Android program took 107mg to store the contacts. So I deleted all the data and downloaded DW. Now I find out DW just uses the same database as the default "people" program. Is there any way to get the contacts on my 8gig SD card so it doesn't take all the memory from the phone?
please google for this issue.
the system database can'T be moved to sd card, then there are many other issues with sync engines, etc ...
best is:
1.) do you really need 7000 contacts on your phone ?
2.) remove all unnecc. apps from your phone or move all other apps to sd card.
3.) buy a more modern device, which is having more memory.
cu camel