Ringtone setup for a group

Moderators: dwp, devin

csaker

Ringtone setup for a group

Post by csaker »

Hi,

I have set up different ringtones for each group, but always is ringing the tone which is set as the main ringtone. How to make it different, for each group?
Thanks a lot!

cs
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Ringtone setup for a group

Post by dwp »

Hello
Group ringtones are saved to each contact group.
You can view the contacts interface, press the Menu button. Select "Options".
Here you can see the contact's ringtone.
If it is set correctly.
So the question is in the system.
csaker

Post by csaker »

Thanks,

but still no success. I am on CM7.1. Everything was set. But maybe it is, because I can not switch off the contacts on the SIM card. So they are visible all, and only 3 or 4 contacts are ringing with the right group tone - they are not on the SIM card. How to switch the DW CONTACTS to see and use only the contacts in the telephone?
THX
camel

Post by camel »

csaker wrote:Thanks,

but still no success. I am on CM7.1. Everything was set. But maybe it is, because I can not switch off the contacts on the SIM card. So they are visible all, and only 3 or 4 contacts are ringing with the right group tone - they are not on the SIM card. How to switch the DW CONTACTS to see and use only the contacts in the telephone?
THX
there is no way to set a ringtone for a group (from android's point of view)
(from android system, there it is only possible to set a ringtone to a contact (not to a group).
so, this means, that DWC do atrick, will setup every contact the ringtone which is set to a group

1.) if you setup in DWC a ringtone to a group, it will set ringtone for all contacts in this group to defined ringtone.
(DWC will set then to all contacts which are members of this group)
2.) if you add (via DWC) a contact to a group, which have setup a ringtone in DWC, then DWC will set also to this contact the ringtone, which you have defined to this group.

but:
if you add a contact to a group - via another tool (in outlook cha ge the group or any other apps), then the ringtone will be not set to this member
if your account type does not support to set a ringtone (like: contacts on simcard), then it will not work.

hopefully this helps to understand.

cu camel
csaker

Post by csaker »

Thank you very much for the explanation!

csaker
camel

Post by camel »

csaker wrote:Thank you very much for the explanation!

csaker
you are welcome.