Questions: Force close

Moderators: dwp, devin

Donns

Questions: Force close

Post by Donns »

I have paid and installed the DW Contacys Pro app and it looks great. I do however have 2 questions. On history or call screen what is the red circle with a red line through mean. I assume the Green arrow means outgoing calls, blue arrow means incoming calls and red arrow means missed calls?
The second query I have is that each time I exit the app, it shows it is till activated and then i need to force close it.. How do i exit completly without force closing?.
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Questions: Force close

Post by dwp »

Donns wrote:I have paid and installed the DW Contacys Pro app and it looks great. I do however have 2 questions. On history or call screen what is the red circle with a red line through mean. I assume the Green arrow means outgoing calls, blue arrow means incoming calls and red arrow means missed calls?
It refers to the DWC call filter to intercept calls.
Donns wrote:The second query I have is that each time I exit the app, it shows it is till activated and then i need to force close it.. How do i exit completly without force closing?.
Please try this
Settings -> Global settings -> Resides in memory
Donns

Post by Donns »

Thank you for the quick response.The force close is now fixed thank you.

With regards to the red circle with the red line through- Quote"It refers to the DWC call filter to intercept calls." What exactly does this mean as only some of my history(calls) shows this red circle with the line through?
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Donns wrote:Thank you for the quick response.The force close is now fixed thank you.
You're welcome
Donns wrote:With regards to the red circle with the red line through- Quote"It refers to the DWC call filter to intercept calls." What exactly does this mean as only some of my history(calls) shows this red circle with the line through?
Yes
Donns

Post by Donns »

I think you misunderstood me. I am asking what does the red circle with the red line through mean? i.e.What is the filter to intercept calls?
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

When the call filter blocking a call, there will be phone records.And then record marked on the icon you mentioned.
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi Donns,

I have a question for you about your Red Circle with a line through it.

Did this just appear without you setting up any call filtering at all (that you know of?) The same thing happened to me when I first installed the new version with that feature. I don't know why. It happened to one Contact's incoming calls, twice. It may be that I inadvertently dismissed the calls, but if I did, it was because the phone was not locked. I never intended that.

But now, when I view my Calls Log, and choose Blocked / Filtered calls (the Red Circle with Line through it icon), those calls are still listed with the Red circle...

I suspect there must be a small bug there somewhere.

DWP?
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

P.S>

Donns,

Sorry, didn't answer your first question properly.

Yes:

Green arrow (Up to Right) means Outgoing - from your phone UP to cell tower?
Blue arrow (Down to Left) means Incoming (answered) - from Cell tower DOWN to your Phone?
Bent Red arrow (Down to Left then Bounced back Up) means Incoming Missed Call - Cell Tower DOWN..., Missed, sent back UP, to Voicemail, maybe?

Red Circle seems to mean Blocked - rejected by Call Filter (though I have none enabled either.)

Cheers,
A
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)