Multiple account

Moderators: dwp, devin

tsv

Multiple account

Post by tsv »

Look like a have in face with strange multiple account problem.
I have ZP100 phone and stock ICS firmware. I imported using stock .vcs large pack of contacts.
My stock contacts show to me two accounts: "Phone" and "SIM1". MyPhoneExplorer works fine to backup/restore contacts.

Then I installed DWCP application. It much more pleasant than stock. But when I add some new contacts after that, MyPhoneExplorer didn't see those new contacts.
I start investigation and found that "DWCP - Settings - Account data" show to me three accounts:
- Phone (Local Phone Account)
- SIM1 (SIM Account)
- Phone (Phone)

There are several differences between Phone and Phone:
- Most contacts are owned by "Phone (Phone)". New contacts come to "Phone (Local Phone Account)"
- Phone (Local Phone Account) is marked by mini-android icon on contacts list
- Phone (Phone) is named as Phone(DW) in "DWCP - Settings" (before enter to it to assign)

Looks like that existence of two same named account entangle many other programs. HD Contacts see only first one, MyPhoneExplorer see only last one, Stock contacts have no idea that more then one "Phone" account exists and show only one entry (but this include both account, while it add to first one).

Because "DW" word in description of last one I suspect that DWCP could be reason of that. And there was no problem with accounts before DWCP instalation.

Any idea why two accounts exists and how to solve this problem?
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Multiple account

Post by dwp »

Hello
The DWC Phone (Phone) is a virtual account, it does not actually exist.
Seen in less than in other applications.
When you create a new contact to call the system API. And DWC does not matter.
New Contact, you see a dialog box for choosing a savings account?
Try to change this setting, select all.
DWC -> Settings -> Global settings -> Contact display filtering
tsv

Post by tsv »

Not sure that I understand your answer. :(

I do select all on DWC -> Settings -> Global settings -> Contact display filtering.
All contacts are visible both in DWC and in the stock contact.

Then I try to add new contact (both DWC and stock have same behaviour - because use stock "add contact" form).
It ask what account I would like to add - "SIM-only, unsynced (MTS)" or "Phone-only, unsynced (Phone)". I choose second one. New contact marked by android mini-icon and owned by "Phone (Local Phone Account)" {I test this, by toggling switches in "Contact display filtering"}. But previous contacts are not marked by this miniicon and owned by "Phone (DW)".
I'm not able to add contact to "Phone (DW)" account, because it is even do not proposed when ask.

Question: Why are they owned by different "Phone" accounts?

Why this is important for me? Because this affect to other program work.
Perfect program to backup/syncing to PC "MyPhoneExplorer" have no idea that several "Phone" accounts exists. There only one "Phone" account in contact accounts list and all new contacts are invisible for it. (So I lost some of new contacts in this way).
Some other program (HD Contacts) also don't work anymore. But they was. Maybe this issue affect them too.
Uninstalation of DWC doesn't help. Contacts are keep virtually separated. MyPhoneExplorer doesn't see them and after install DWC I still see that they are owned by different "Phone" accounts.

Why I think that this is _possible_ related to DWC?
- Because "(DW)" in the one of account names
- And because described problem was noticed by me soon after DWC install
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
DWC just shows the account. But it is not really a contact database.
This should not be an impression on other applications.
If you have backed up contacts. You can try to clear the entire contact data.
And then re-create it.

Here you can clear the contact data.

In android application manager, find the contact provider.And then clear the data.