Nexus 5 - Kitkat 4.4 - Google Dialer must be installed

Moderators: dwp, devin

sn4pe

Nexus 5 - Kitkat 4.4 - Google Dialer must be installed

Post by sn4pe »

Hi,

I just figured out, that the Google dialer must be installed.

If it is not installed (or the checkbox for "show messages" activated), the dialing interface doesn't show up at all. Picture i1.jpg is a screenshot, when I receive a call (ring tone is there, but no dialing interface).

I have Version 2.5.8.0 -reg.

The idea was to get rid of as many of googles specific apps as possible. Privacy concerns (e.g. Google-Caller-Id, transferring every key stroke to google in order to "propose" you a target. No thanks. I know, I can disable it, but I don't trust these bunch of people or whoever is listening inbetween me and google...)

Picture i2.jpg shows, that there are two other apps (phone and phone/sms-memory). My thoughts where, that the google dialer is replaced by dw contacts & phone, and that "phone"-app is providing the dialing interface. Any chance, to get rid of "google dialer" but still be able, to use the phone?

Perhaps it is related to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3548
Attachments
i2.jpg
i2.jpg (47.29 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
i1.jpg
i1.jpg (119.89 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
devin

Re: Nexus 5 - Kitkat 4.4 - Google Dialer must be installed

Post by devin »

Hello
Sorry, but usually can not replace them.
phone app it can only make emergency calls, Android restrict third-party application to do this. android phone function is not open to all api. Third-party applications can not complete a call interface displays call time and so on.
phone / sms-memory app save call records and text messages, the same can not be replaced.