Missed call notification

Moderators: dwp, devin

blazergrad

Missed call notification

Post by blazergrad »

On my HTC EVO, if I receive a call with your APP running, the missed call notification indicating the callers name or number and time of call never goes away, ever until the next missed call replaces it. The missed call notification on my HTC EVO is on the home screen.
camel

Re: Missed call notification

Post by camel »

blazergrad wrote:On my HTC EVO, if I receive a call with your APP running, the missed call notification indicating the callers name or number and time of call never goes away, ever until the next missed call replaces it. The missed call notification on my HTC EVO is on the home screen.
hi, at first - there are 2 different things

1.) missed call icon on status line <- i'm strongly interested to remove this
so, that : if this icon will be pressed it should open DWC and show the missed call.
if this is not working, maybe you can help me, you find the "intent"* for your device
(therefore we must talk later, maybe we can find out, which intent your device have)
or maybe you can findout this on your manufacturer - so you should see this if you have advanced aknowledgeabout logcaton your device.

2.) missed call icon on home screen <- i don'T have this on my device. the only place, what i know is, that "Laucher Pro" show the mssecd calls on the bottom phone icon. IF this is et to use the phone app to "DWC", then it is working fine. BUt ery important, not to use the link via app drawer - it mustbe set as default to normal phone api call, and then after installing DWC, the launcher will ask, which app should be called -> there i can select to use DWC as default for this phone intent call.

*intent call to reacton the missed call incon is on every manufacturer different, because the ydon'T use the standard android API call for it, so it is very crazy to find the intents for all devices, without buying all devices and try to find out ...
maybe you can help to find the intent call for your device, so, taht we can add your manufacturer intent API call.
td101

Post by td101 »

hi,

same here: missed call notification doesnt go away from status bar (xperia ray).

how can i help you to add this function to your app?
camel

Post by camel »

td101 wrote:hi,

same here: missed call notification doesnt go away from status bar (xperia ray).

if you can test the next version, it would be fine, if you can then report, if it is fixed ...
we changed some parts to handle this, but not sure, if it will work on all android systems, because the manufacturer do this by themself, and don'T use always the android AOSP API call for missed calls.

Normally, after installing DWC, you should be asked, which app you would like to use for missed calls, then you must select DWC to use as default.
on version 2.0.5 seems to be fixed. -> will be online in few days ...~7 days left to go :)
camel

Post by camel »

please try new version, it should be fixed - and is working on my phone (SGS)
td101

Post by td101 »

Hello,

i installed 2.0.5, but the missed calls notification still won't disappear when i open DW-phone. Only disappears when i open the standard phone app.
xperia ray. android 2.3.3
td101

Post by td101 »

camel wrote:please try new version, it should be fixed - and is working on my phone (SGS)
hi,

still doesnt work. notification for missed calls only disappears when i open the standard phone app (or clear the notification area).
camel

Post by camel »

td101 wrote:
camel wrote:please try new version, it should be fixed - and is working on my phone (SGS)
hi,

still doesnt work. notification for missed calls only disappears when i open the standard phone app (or clear the notification area).
now work for Htc, samsung and the "standard android" system
do you get a dialog box, where you can select the app to start for missed call ?

maybe it is not supported for your phone, because manufactrurer not always use the INTENT as it is defined in AOSP code.

if you want to help to support your manufacturer:

do a logcat - during click on the status bar - missed call icon ...
then you should see lines like:

I/ActivityManager( 3206): Starting activity: Intent { act=com.sec.android.app.dialertab.calllog.DetailViewActivity flg=0x14000000 cmp=com.sec.android.app.dialer
tab/.calllog.DetailViewActivity bnds=[0,613][480,711] (has extras) }
I/ActivityManager( 3206): Start proc com.sec.android.app.dialertab for activity com.sec.android.app.dialertab/.calllog.DetailViewActivity: pid=3241 uid=10009 gi
ds={3003, 3002, 1015}
I/ActivityManager( 3206): Displayed activity com.sec.android.app.dialertab/.calllog.DetailViewActivity: 2785 ms (total 78774 ms)

please post this lines - then we can look, what we can do for you ..

cu camel

EDIT:
maybe we are talking about several different things ...
1.) OFFER 1:
the only1 thing - what i can offer is:
if there is a missed call, then open with your normal link "DW Phone", and it will recognize, that there is a new missed call (if you goto history or Phone tab), and will RESET the MISSED CALL ICON, and so this notification icon will be not shown any more ....
so, DWC do the reset and the icon is gone in status line.

2.) OFFER 2:
we can add our own "missed call icon to status bar", where you can click and it will open DWC. If DWC will open on that "own missed call icon", then we can reset both icons (and maybe you can disable the stock notification icon for missed calls)

But if you click on your stock "notification icon for missed calls" (which is an application of your manfacturer), then it is not possible to call another application - either DWC.

on HTC and on default android systems it is working, but not if a manufacturer will cook here their own soup (can not control him).
mcmurdock88

Post by mcmurdock88 »

camel wrote:
td101 wrote:hi,

if you can test the next version, it would be fine, if you can then report, if it is fixed ...
we changed some parts to handle this, but not sure, if it will work on all android systems, because the manufacturer do this by themself, and don'T use always the android AOSP API call for missed calls.

Normally, after installing DWC, you should be asked, which app you would like to use for missed calls, then you must select DWC to use as default.
on version 2.0.5 seems to be fixed. -> will be online in few days ...~7 days left to go :)
Same here: I have version 2.0.6 - PRO and Xperia Ray - I have this same problem. Any solution? I have to go to my build in call register to disappear it.

Thx Ales
mcmurdock88

Post by mcmurdock88 »

I have this same problem with version 2.0.6 pro Xperia Ray. When I wanto to clear my missed calls i have to use build in application or clear status bar manually. Thx for helping me.

Ales
td101

Post by td101 »

camel wrote:
td101 wrote:
hi,

now work for Htc, samsung and the "standard android" system
do you get a dialog box, where you can select the app to start for missed call ?

maybe it is not supported for your phone, because manufactrurer not always use the INTENT as it is defined in AOSP code.

if you want to help to support your manufacturer:

do a logcat - during click on the status bar - missed call icon ...
first time i click on the misses call icon in the notification area, i can choose the app to start. i chose DWC.
so now it opens DWC everytime i have a misses call and i click the icon.
Only thing is that the icon doesnt disappear after starting DWC...

so only thing, i guess everybody here wants, is that the icon disappears after starting DWC. possible?

how can i use logcat? i am not familiar with developing and debugging on android
(though i already opened a terminal and typed "su adb logcat" and it showed me the possible commands
camel

Post by camel »

i sent you an email, with a test-version, where the "missed call" icon should be resetted correct and also DW Phone will be startet ...
(i thing most of the phones, should be handled not correct, so, that DWC cann handle the "missed call" icon ...)

also grid-view - but early developer version ... not for all-day use - only for testing purpose..
cu camel
cstitz

Post by cstitz »

I have a Droid Razr and would like to open DW from the Missed Call notification icon, as opposed to the stock dialer. How do I get this to happen? Clear defaults from somewhere? I tried that in the "Phone" app already.
camel

Post by camel »

cstitz wrote:I have a Droid Razr and would like to open DW from the Missed Call notification icon, as opposed to the stock dialer. How do I get this to happen? Clear defaults from somewhere? I tried that in the "Phone" app already.
hi,
it is also possible to delete the data on stock dialer (see system settings -> applications), but easier to uninstall/install DWCagain,then you will get again the choise which app to use for "missed call icon"
(there are several threads in forum about "missed icons" - there is a search function forum, which you can also use)
cu camel
cstitz

Post by cstitz »

Thanks for the reply camel. I've tried both of your suggestions and neither seem to work. No matter what the missed call icon takes me to the stock dialer.
blackfish8

Post by blackfish8 »

The same problem on my Samsung Galaxy i9000, Android 2.3.3, DWC Pro 2.0.9. The missed call icon in the notification area does not disappear. The only way how to do this is to use the stock dialer. This is the serious thing, that prevents a lot of people from reasonable using thois very good app, please, take an action! Thank you in advance
blackfish8

Post by blackfish8 »

Samsung Galaxy i9000, Android 2.3.3, DWP 2.0.9 (the newest one): the default action for missed call notification (in notification area) is set to DWP (not to stock dialer), but after entering the DWP, the notification is not removed. Even deleting the History in DWP does not remove the notifiaction! Only the stock dialer removes it. Please, take this one!
camel

Post by camel »

blackfish8 wrote:Samsung Galaxy i9000, Android 2.3.3, DWP 2.0.9 (the newest one): the default action for missed call notification (in notification area) is set to DWP (not to stock dialer), but after entering the DWP, the notification is not removed. Even deleting the History in DWP does not remove the notifiaction! Only the stock dialer removes it. Please, take this one!
this is related to android ROM. if the manufacturer are using the "system android missed call RESET", then it is working fine.
if the manufacturer did the reset ba a own application, then it could be, that it is not supported.
this can't fix be DWC, because only system apps can RESET the missed call counter (and we can not make DWC for rooted phones extra).
it could be, that we make a own small tool (for rooted devices to reset the missed call icon) in future.
i had also few ROM's on I9000, which are working and someare not working.
the real samsung problem is, that they are using in some rom the call log from app: "phone".
and normally the reset is in app: "contacts"
(this you can see on the picture if you click a "missed call")
how to fix iton galaxy ROM - sorry, i have no idea, and this would only bepossible to fix on rooted devices, and making an extra app.
camel

Post by camel »

well, if wanted you can tr to log (logcat) and then click on your stock phone icon for showing "missed call" ..

for now we are handle diferent methods ...

I/ActivityManager( 1238): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW typ=vnd.android.cursor.dir/calls pkg=com.android.contacts }
I/ActivityManager( 1238): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW typ=vnd.android.cursor.dir/calls pkg=com.android.htccontacts }
I/ActivityManager( 1238): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW typ=vnd.android.cursor.dir/calls pkg=com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook }

maybe you can find another method on your system, then we can add.