Dual Sim Card Settings

Moderators: dwp, devin

hassaansaleem

Dual Sim Card Settings

Post by hassaansaleem »

Hi,

I have been using DW Contacts for years now. Recently, I have purchased Samsung S20 Ultra and I am finding an issue over there.

1- Some Call Logs have missed the SIM Card number e.g. SIM1 or SIM2 (i.e through which sim card the call was received or made from)
Every time have to tap test option (Toolbox>Dual Sim Card Configuration>History) and it works for few days and then issue arises again.

2- What should be my default setting in Toolbox>Dual Sim Card Configuration>Call.

Best Regards,
Hassaan
devin

Re: Dual Sim Card Settings

Post by devin »

Hello
Will other settings be lost?
hassaansaleem

Post by hassaansaleem »

No, settings are not lost. But I have to tap "test" again and again after some time to keep the SIM status getting updated. Otherwise SIM Status is lost in Call Settings and call log does not show whether it is for SIM 1 or SIM 2.

I am dependent on my Call logs in DW Contacts but many logs do not show sim status. Please support
hassaansaleem

Post by hassaansaleem »

Mr. Devnin,

Please reply. My settings are not lost but I have to click test again and again to make it work.
devin

Post by devin »

Sorry for the delay. Does it work now? Before the test, you need to use two sim cards to make a call.
luis.ricardo

Post by luis.ricardo »

Hi,

Is there anything I can do to make Call logs, always show SIM card number, without the need of having to tap "test" again and again?

DW Pro V. 3.1.9.9, in Poco F3, with MIUI 12.5, Android 11

Thanks
devin

Post by devin »

If you have not replaced the sim card, this action only needs to be done once.
luis.ricardo

Post by luis.ricardo »

The SIM card number is lost. I must “test” again to show it.
Is there anything I can do?
No SIM changes.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Under what circumstances can the fault be reproduced? Restart the phone or restart the software?
luis.ricardo

Post by luis.ricardo »

It seems that the "system" reset the application.
All permissions are granted and battery as no restrictions.
When the phone is restarted, the SIM card number is also lost.
ads

Post by ads »

Hi,

after many years of trouble-free using now (probably after firmware or DW Contacts app update) I got into troubles with dual SIM configuration.
DW Contacts&Phone forgets setting of dual SIM.
After some time, and definitely after restarting the phone, it stops showing which SIM the call was made from or which SIM the call came to. I have to go to Misc/Dual SIM Configuration and under the History tab to press the Test button. Then the SIM tagging in my call history works again for a while.

Notes:
- it stops working after restarting the phone
- after I found out it didn't work, SIM card assignments swapped (in call history, old calls tagged with SIM1 are now tagged as SIM2 and vice versa)
- the original Phone app shows the SIM card identification correctly for all calls in the history
- I also tried selecting a different device type in the configuration (not all, but just a few). And it didn't help. I'm currently using the "Marshmallow+" type, my phone is a Samsung S20.

Some pictures to see this issue: when this feature stops to work, no SIMs are indicated in the hisory:
Screenshot_20240410_125349_DW Contacts & Phone.jpg
Screenshot_20240410_125349_DW Contacts & Phone.jpg (57.32 KiB) Viewed 517 times
After I do Test in Dual SIM configuration, it will start to correctly display SIM card:
Screenshot_20240410_125403_DW Contacts & Phone.jpg
Screenshot_20240410_125403_DW Contacts & Phone.jpg (55.58 KiB) Viewed 517 times
But when I restart the phone, DWC will stop to display SIM card ID:
Screenshot_20240410_125416_DW Contacts & Phone.jpg
Screenshot_20240410_125416_DW Contacts & Phone.jpg (57.64 KiB) Viewed 517 times
So I have to provide Test again. After that it will start to work correctly again. For some time.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Regards
Vladimir
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
The latest version has fixed this issue. For older versions, you need to set DW Contacts as the default phone program.