Problem moving DW Contacts to a new phone.

Moderators: dwp, devin

stanhilliard

Problem moving DW Contacts to a new phone.

Post by stanhilliard »

My earliest record of DW Contacts is having a DW2.1.3-Pro on a Droid X in May of 2012. (See: http://forum.dw-p.net/viewtopic.php?p=3888#p3888). I have gone through several phones since them. Most recently I copied all apps from a Pixel 2XL to my new Google Pixel 6. I used a cable and the install tool of the Pixel 6. Most, perhaps all, the Apps transferred except the DW Contacts. The Pixel 2XL currently contains Version:3.1.4.0 of DW Contacts & Phone.

My goal is to have DW Contacts running on the new Pixel 6 and containing any information that I might have typed into it in the past. How can I do that?
devin

Re: Problem moving DW Contacts to a new phone.

Post by devin »

Hello
You can install apps from Google play. Use the backup and restore all data function to transfer data.
stanhilliard

Post by stanhilliard »

You said: "You can install apps from Google play. Use the backup and restore all data function to transfer data."

From my old phone, Google Play shows I have installed "DW Contacts & Phone & SMS DWP * Business.

From my new phone, Google Play shows the program is not installed. It is $9.49. Should I just download it - I don't mind paying for it.

How can I tell if I need to copy other data over to the new phone. Google shows 484 contacts. Does DW Contacts have a contact count in the App?

What other data would DW have stored on the old phone that I need to transfer?

How can I determine if I have anything to transfer?

If I need to transfer something, I do not understand what steps I need to carry out.

Although I originally had the paid version, when I select to backup now, I get the message that I only have 5 backups left in the free version. I suspect the license was lost during one of the previous transfers by technicians.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
On new devices you will need to log in to Google play with the account you used to purchase the app. This avoids being charged again.
If you use Google to sync contacts, the contacts will be automatically synced to the new device after logging in the same Google account on the new phone. All I mentioned is the transfer of the DW contact configuration.