Default tab does not work

Moderators: dwp, devin

Mehran

Default tab does not work

Post by Mehran »

I updated my DW to version 2.0.4 and everytime I open the program it goes to "Phone". I changed the default tab through Display settings>Tab settings> Default tab and checked the Always start with default, but no use! It use to work in the previous version! :( Need help please
camel

Re: Default tab does not work

Post by camel »

Mehran wrote:I updated my DW to version 2.0.4 and everytime I open the program it goes to "Phone". I changed the default tab through Display settings>Tab settings> Default tab and checked the Always start with default, but no use! It use to work in the previous version! :( Need help please
hi Mehran,
please update to version 2.0.5 (but this is not the reason, why it open always the "Phone")

i have not enough infos to know, what you have setup ... anyhow - i will explain the options for that cases ...

1.) activate, which tabs you want to use

in settings -> Display settings -> Tabs settings -> "Hide & Sort" ---> check/look, if you have activated all your wanted tabs
(it happens, that a user only selected "phone" there, then it was only possible to show this tab)
(we will rename this option in next version 2.0.6 to "Activate & Sort tabs"

2.) setup, which tab should be the default
there is an option, which would tell the app drawer link: "DW Contacts", how it should start and which tab should be the default one
in settings -> Display settings -> Tabs settings -> "Default tab"
(please check this option, best and default is set it to "contacts", because if you want to start the dialer ("phone"), then you can start app drawer link "DW Phone" or if you have a system dialer call(like as it is on LauncherPro), ther you can also select "DW Phone" to use as default for phone application

3.) setup, to use on every start of application DWC -> use always the default tab (no matter how dwc will be started)
this option does always use the setting from point 2 (no matter if you start via "DW Contacts" or via "DW Phone" link.
in settings -> Display settings -> Tabs settings -> "Always start with default tab" -> -> ON/OFF (default = off)
(in your case - i' almost sure, that you have set this to "ON")
set it to OFF, and then it would working as you like :)

cu camel

PLS: if it is working for you....is it ok,if i would move this thread to "Question (because i think it is not a bug) ?
Mehran

Post by Mehran »

Thank you, it works perfectly now. This program enables me to search for the detailed information that I save in contact fields. I have another program that synchronises my Gmail with my Outlook, therefore I am having the best of both worlds. Maybe one day you will add a Calendar and Task Manager component to this program. It will be great :D
camel

Post by camel »

Mehran wrote:Thank you, it works perfectly now. This program enables me to search for the detailed information that I save in contact fields. I have another program that synchronises my Gmail with my Outlook, therefore I am having the best of both worlds. Maybe one day you will add a Calendar and Task Manager component to this program. It will be great :D
hehe - but, i don't think, that it make sense to *reinvent the wheel* :)
well, there are some apps, which are very important for business user, which i can suggest to buy...
1.) "calengoo" -> we will work in future more closer together to intent more things (invite a selection of other user to an inpointment, and calengoo, will then send invites to the email user the invite, which can be handled from all EAS clients (example: thunderbird, outlook, etc ...)
and calengoo - is for me the only one calendar app, which is usefull for business, because it does support a lot (google, eas, etc ..)
2.) "contact editor++", this is also growing, and new functions will be comming all the time, and is great,because it is the only one, which can handle a lot things, which are buggy in all android systems (EAS - editing all fields, etc..)
3.) quickpic (FREE) is the best picture viewer for me, and have all API's supporting for pictures & videos
Clay

Post by Clay »

I can get to the default tab settings and the 'activate and sort' settings. but when i make my selections and back out it does not save my selections. i do not see a 'save settings' option either.
i on on a droid x and using the free version.
help
camel

Post by camel »

Clay wrote:I can get to the default tab settings and the 'activate and sort' settings. but when i make my selections and back out it does not save my selections. i do not see a 'save settings' option either.
i on on a droid x and using the free version.
help
maybe something wrong in your device ? ( i had this also with some other devices or corrupted devices)
... i know it takes time, but please do followings:

1.) uninstall all old DWC
2.) reboot phone
3.) install FREE version again from google market
then setup again DWC as your wantings ...
then try it again.

cu camel