[No Bug:reinstall did it] Shutting off Samsung Galaxy S II

Moderators: dwp, devin

vladnik

[No Bug:reinstall did it] Shutting off Samsung Galaxy S II

Post by vladnik »

I have bought your program yesterday (v. 2.02). On my Samsung Galaxy S II using of it leads to shutting off my device in one minute of usage. In a few seconds from the beginning of usage of the application begins difficalties with appeareng of my contacts, then application froses, then shows me the black csreen or (each other time) shuts off my Samsung completely. I demand you to solve such a unacceptable performance of your application in a short time or give me back my money.
Vladimir Nikitin.
camel

Re: Shutting off Samsung Galaxy S II

Post by camel »

vladnik wrote:I have bought your program yesterday (v. 2.02). On my Samsung Galaxy S II using of it leads to shutting off my device in one minute of usage. In a few seconds from the beginning of usage of the application begins difficalties with appeareng of my contacts, then application froses, then shows me the black csreen or (each other time) shuts off my Samsung completely. I demand you to solve such a unacceptable performance of your application in a short time or give me back my money.
Vladimir Nikitin.
hi, vladimir
thanks for your report.

i'm wondering, because i also have a SGS2S, and i know about hundreds of sgs users are totally happy with it.
YOu can besure, that it will work - maybe there is any other issue on your system, but we will find the real app, which is the real problem :)

2.) please can you try to uninstal or install the 2.03 and try it again then:
if there are any issues left...before i can help you - i would need some informations:

1.) which ROM do you have on your SGS2S ?
2.) which contact type are you using ?
3.) how much contacts are you having in your account ?

if you can provide me this infos, i will shortly help you.

cu camel
vladnik

Post by vladnik »

Hi, camel1
1. ROM is 12Gb
2. Contact type is Android-Sync
3. It is about 1000 contacts in my account

The abovementioned problem begins when I switch from Contact tab to Phone tab. It happens not every time I switch tabs but ones in five minute - defenitely.
Besides, i can see only one group in the Group tab when there are six of them
Vladimir
camel

Post by camel »

vladnik wrote:Hi, camel1
1. ROM is 12Gb
2. Contact type is Android-Sync
3. It is about 1000 contacts in my account

The abovementioned problem begins when I switch from Contact tab to Phone tab. It happens not every time I switch tabs but ones in five minute - defenitely.
Besides, i can see only one group in the Group tab when there are six of them
Vladimir
very strange behavior ...
Adroid-Sync ? please cn you look, which accounts do you have in DWC (settings) ? is this the local system phone db ?
how have you got the contacts to phone ?
i will try to contact you via skype (will send you a PM), maybe we can find out, what you have set ...
cu camel
vladnik

Post by vladnik »

Nothing strange. This is a contact account I transferred to Android from Microsoft Outlook on my PC using sync application.
And, by the way, threr is one more big problem with your application let alone my account: The CPU of my SGS II is 45-50% in use running DW Contacts. Is it normal?
Just a second... A have just reinstall DW for the sixth time and to my amusement there isn't problem so far... 5 minutes already gone. Would be fine if I'm gone with my problems.
camel

Post by camel »

vladnik wrote:Nothing strange. This is a contact account I transferred to Android from Microsoft Outlook on my PC using sync application.
And, by the way, threr is one more big problem with your application let alone my account: The CPU of my SGS II is 45-50% in use running DW Contacts. Is it normal?
Just a second... A have just reinstall DW for the sixth time and to my amusement there isn't problem so far... 5 minutes already gone. Would be fine if I'm gone with my problems.
so, it is working now fine ? - good to hear ...but, why you are having before so big issues ? ... hmm, very funny, i never heard about such kind of problems ...
the only thing, what i know, the samsung stock KIES-software is the killer trash app - so, you should never use this software, it can destroy the database of phone, and a lot of other things, which are very dangerous ...on xda or other forums, you will find 1000 reasons, why you shouldn't use the KIES software on PC.
or maybe an old version of DWC, which wasn't un/installed correctly ?
well, not easy to say, because there could be a lot of reasons, why you had the problem (restore of an old system, or a try to uninstall via different app, etc.. ...

anyhow if it is now working fine - i'm also happy :)

if there is any other, where i can help, -> let me know.

cu camel