strange but annoying with T9

Moderators: dwp, devin

alter4

strange but annoying with T9

Post by alter4 »

Hi Guys!
I just faced a strange issue, but it very annoying for me.

Turn on call log on T9 screen to reproduce the issue.

I had received a person number in short (inner mobile 7 numbers network format) XYZZXYZ
Them a dialed him and had a conversation. After I put the number into address book in full format +37529XYZZXYZ as Michael (name is just or example)
Then I wanted to call him and tried using T9 to find the contact.
The contact was found but only in bottom T9 "contacts" section, it was absent in top T9 "call log searching" section.
--
Remove the first call XYZZXYZ from call log and you will able to see the contact in T9 "call log searching".
Additional info:

I use Desire S on stock firmware Android 2.3.3 Sense 2.1
+37529XYZZXYZ and XYZZXYZ are not the same for stock dialer, in other words stock call log doesn't display XYZZXYZ as Michael.
The issue is not reproducible on friend Samsung GALAXY Fit
+37529XYZZXYZ and XYZZXYZ are the same for Samsung stock dialer, in other words call log displays XYZZXYZ as Michael.

If some fix or workaround is possible i will be so happy.

P.S. DW 2.0.6 Pro
P.P.S. It so

To reproduce you should annoying for me cos it blocks the information when I called a person last.
camel

Re: strange but annoying with T9

Post by camel »

i cannot follow you ...

please can you make a normal example ?

like:
"John Doe" and having number +3712345678

T9=
J = 5
O = 6
H = 4
N = 6

D = 3
O = 6
E = 3

so, and what is your problem - sorry, i'm blond :)
camel

Post by camel »

hi, not sure, if i understand you ...
alter4 wrote:Hi Guys!
I just faced a strange issue, but it very annoying for me.

Turn on call log on T9 screen to reproduce the issue.

I had received a person number in short (inner mobile 7 numbers network format) XYZZXYZ
Them a dialed him and had a conversation. After I put the number into address book in full format +37529XYZZXYZ as Michael (name is just or example)
Then I wanted to call him and tried using T9 to find the contact.
The contact was found but only in bottom T9 "contacts" section, it was absent in top T9 "call log searching" section.
--
Remove the first call XYZZXYZ from call log and you will able to see the contact in T9 "call log searching".
Additional info:
hehe, i know about this,and we spent ~20hours on that problem, til we fixed that :) this is arela speical scenario :) but is working great for me (if phone correct configured by your provider in cell init).

if anyone call you and had number: 0100-1234567 ->
then you want to save this number to a new contact "John Doe" and you use not the same number, you use now the number: +37-100-1234567
after doing this....the call log name, will also be changed to "John Doe", because the sytem recognize, that it is the same local number but only added internal code. and will be show as "John Doe", too.
if you search now for: "John" (t9 number=5646), then you will find this in call log + contact categorie
(but, this will only be work, if your device is correct set from your providers BTS .
because, if the system is correct confugred by the call system of your provider, then DWC recognize this and know, that it is the same.
alter4 wrote:
I use Desire S on stock firmware Android 2.3.3 Sense 2.1
+37529XYZZXYZ and XYZZXYZ are not the same for stock dialer, in other words stock call log doesn't display XYZZXYZ as Michael.
The issue is not reproducible on friend Samsung GALAXY Fit
+37529XYZZXYZ and XYZZXYZ are the same for Samsung stock dialer, in other words call log displays XYZZXYZ as Michael.

If some fix or workaround is possible i will be so happy.

P.S. DW 2.0.6 Pro
P.P.S. It so

To reproduce you should annoying for me cos it blocks the information when I called a person last.
i would do checking your evice phone settings, maybe you can tell your provider, that they should send the international code config.
or look if your own phone number is correct set in this device, or try to power off,and sim card plugin/out ..

cu camel
alter4

Post by alter4 »

I download official update for my Desire s with android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 and installed it.
The problem is still here. Please take a look to the screenshot.
You can see a call log. I call a person twice, first time with inner network short number via dialer panel, second time with full number via T9 search.

Please take a look to the second screen shot. You can a result of T9 search for this person.
For mystically reasons first call fact absents in result from call log search. It is very annoying for me.

Also I have a tiny feature request. Is it possible to add feature to swap in T9 search result from call log and contacts, i.e. results from call log search above and results from call log search below?

Thx.
alter4

Post by alter4 »

Forgot to mention.
If I delete the inner network call from call log, the contact immediately appears in the top section of t9 search results
camel

Post by camel »

i do not see any wrong ...
it is working as it should (of course i do not making network calls)
cu camel
alter4

Post by alter4 »

Excuse me, but why I don't see the fact of call to BorgirMTC in сall log search result?
I made the call, you saw it at the first screenshot, at the second screeenshot I performed t9 search for "BORG" and the fact of the call to BorgirMTC was not reflected!
I don't think it is right. The result of T9 search should be
//
Displaying 2 different call numbers
BorgirMTC(4 calls)
Borgir Velcom(4 calls)
-----------------------------------------------
Displaying 2 contacts
Borgir Velcom
BorgirMTC
//
Sorry, May be I am explaining confusedly, but I don't sure you understand me.
camel

Post by camel »

alter4 wrote:I download official update for my Desire s with android 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 and installed it.
The problem is still here. Please take a look to the screenshot.
You can see a call log. I call a person twice, first time with inner network short number via dialer panel, second time with full number via T9 search.

Please take a look to the second screen shot. You can a result of T9 search for this person.
For mystically reasons first call fact absents in result from call log search. It is very annoying for me.

Also I have a tiny feature request. Is it possible to add feature to swap in T9 search result from call log and contacts, i.e. results from call log search above and results from call log search below?

Thx.
picture1
there are different numbers, so they will not merge together
if you are calling wit (example from austria)
0043 650 12345678
or
0650 12345678
or
+43 650 12345678
then they will be merged -> DWC system recognize location for it

if you would call: 12345678 then it will be recognized as different number, so i see no bug.

picture2
well, it is working fine for me.
maybe you're t9-search settings are not correct ? or special char ? or a account type, which is disabled ?
please compare the 2 contacts and look if there is any difference ..
please try -> see settings -> t9 search settings -> -> "Match words anywhere" -> ON
or maybe the name is not correct set ?

cu camel
alter4

Post by alter4 »

Thx for the patience)
Let s made a last try to put as on the same page.
1) If +375291234567 and 1234567 are different numbers for the program - I am totally OK, It's not about that.
2) The problem is not with contact BorgirMTCr - it reproducible on any contact and "Match words anywhere" doesn't help (I have contacts only in phone account, no gmail, no facebook, no twitter and other bullshit).

I reproduced the bug on my friend WILDFIRE S, I believe it is reproducible also on Incredible S.
The bug itself is in absence the contact (again ANY CONTACT) in T9 search result in call-log section if the same contact was called via full number and then (or before it doesn't matter) via short number.

It sounds like a magic (cos the phone should think +375291234567 and 1234567 are different numbers as we talked), but this is! Believe me guy, I am a developer with 5 years experience, it is a bug, I am not sure 100% it's a bug in the DW Contacts, but this a bug.

I dont want to pester you to death I will be quite happy if you implement a feature that helps me to avoid somehow the bug annoyance.
alter4 wrote: Also I have a tiny feature request. Is it possible to add feature to swap in T9 search result from call log and contacts, i.e. results from contacts T9 search above and results from call log T9 search below?

Thx.
camel

Post by camel »

hmm, strange, i can not reproduce it ...(but i'm using only v2.0.8, which is not pulic now)

can you try to reset the settings to default =
see: settings -> backup /& Restore -> Restore default settings

can you try it again ?

i can let you try the next version (which is now in final stage of test engineers), because we rewrite the whole database again, and a lot of issues are fixed, because also sometimes wrong number was dialed from call log ...
i would like, that you can test it with my devel version.
but, maybe it is better to do this via skype (if wanted you can send me your skype account via PM)

cu camel
alter4

Post by alter4 »

camel wrote:hmm, strange, i can not reproduce it ...(but i'm using only v2.0.8, which is not pulic now)
can you try to reset the settings to default =
see: settings -> backup /& Restore -> Restore default settings
cu camel
it doesn't help :(

EDITED: By the way you didn't mention, is it complicated to implement? I don't expect it in 0.8 of cos, but may be in 0.9.

>>>Also I have a tiny feature request. Is it possible to add feature to swap in T9 search result from call log and contacts, i.e. results from contacts T9 search above and results from call log T9 search below?

Thx.
camel

Post by camel »

please try new version 2.0.8, there it should be fixed.
(if translation is done on crowdin page)
cu camel
alter4

Post by alter4 »

I checked 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 as well. It doesn't work. But I caught interesting aspect of the issue that could help to resolve it.

At the first screenshot you see a call history. Please pay attention to call for number 5916644. At the bottom of the screen you see a call for the same person (Мария) but from address book. We discussed phone doesn't understand these are the same numbers and that's OK. Let's go ahead.

At the second screenshot you T9 search. Please pay attention to quantity of calls for number 5916644. It is 160. But I have only two calls to Мария person using short number and 158 using full number address book (small wonder, she is my wife:-). 158+2=160. So somehow the phone understands those are THE SAME numbers???? Also please pay attention the calls for Мария are made from dress book (via full number) have not been narrowed by search. It is exactly the issue I raised initially.

Lets go further. Tap this narrowed from search number 5916644 for checking call history and we see the two calls as I mentioned.
So I hope this information will be helpful.

Cu Camel, Happy Chinese New Year!
camel

Post by camel »

alter4 wrote:I checked 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 as well. It doesn't work. But I caught interesting aspect of the issue that could help to resolve it.

At the first screenshot you see a call history. Please pay attention to call for number 5916644. At the bottom of the screen you see a call for the same person
(Мария) but from address book. We discussed phone doesn't understand these are the same numbers and that's OK. Let's go ahead.
this is normal, because DWC merge same callers by date !!! this you can disable in settings (if not wanted)
see: settings -> phone settings -> "show caller grouped" (it group by date)
alter4 wrote: Image
At the second screenshot you T9 search. Please pay attention to quantity of calls for number 5916644. It is 160. But I have only two calls to Мария person using short number and 158 using full number address book (small wonder, she is my wife:-). 158+2=160. So somehow the phone understands those are THE SAME numbers???? Also please pay attention the calls for Мария are made from dress book (via full number) have not been narrowed by search. It is exactly the issue I raised initially.
yes, the t9-search found, that 160 are having the same number (or better - the same filter works), and of course, there is an API, which knows, that the number before is the international number and made a kind of "number normalization" (like a MSC or IN do it on a BTS network)
alter4 wrote: Lets go further. Tap this narrowed from search number 5916644 for checking call history and we see the two calls as I mentioned.
So I hope this information will be helpful.
you mean, if you click on the contact, which have 160 calls, then you only see 2 calls ? - this would be a bug, i do not know, how we can handle it better, but we can look into ...
alter4 wrote: Cu Camel, Happy Chinese New Year!
i'm not from china :) - but devel "devin" is from there :)
cu camel
camel

Post by camel »

Hello,
Whether the problem is the number that contains the area code and does not contain the number has not been merged.
Compare phone number to use the APIs provided by the system.
I think this bug comes from the system.
There is exchange of the location of the call records and contacts is easy to achieve.
alter4

Post by alter4 »

Ok. If it's system bug we can't do anything. But the problem introduces inconvenience. If it is acceptable, please implement a feature.
Either
1)Checkbox to swap around call log t9 search and t9
search from contacts.(move it up)
Or
2) unchecking checkbox "t9 search ont call log" I suppose should show call history on root dialer page. Other dialers on market work this way.
Thank you.
camel

Post by camel »

alter4 wrote:Ok. If it's system bug we can't do anything. But the problem introduces inconvenience. If it is acceptable, please implement a feature.
Either
1)Checkbox to swap around call log t9 search and t9
search from contacts.(move it up)
Or
2) unchecking checkbox "t9 search ont call log" I suppose should show call history on root dialer page. Other dialers on market work this way.
Thank you.
sorry, i do not understand you ??
please see settings -> phone settings. there arte options for it.
show contacts on start.
show call log on t9-search
i know we are having very much functions :), and most of your wishes are integrated :)
cu camel
alter4

Post by alter4 »

Sorry, it is misunderstanding. All I want to see call history on root dialer page (or on dialer tab in other words) but have t9 call log search switched off. No it is impossible, as soon I switch off t9 call search - call history dissapiared from dialer page.
camel

Post by camel »

alter4 wrote:Sorry, it is misunderstanding. All I want to see call history on root dialer page (or on dialer tab in other words) but have t9 call log search switched off. No it is impossible, as soon I switch off t9 call search - call history dissapiared from dialer page.
well, if it would be off, then switch it on ?
i can not follow your issue ?